Our beaches and foreshore are for everyone to access and enjoy, to achieve this we need your help
Our beaches and grassed foreshore areas are places for everyone to access and enjoy, whether you are a dog owner or not. In December 2022, Council endorsed a community engagement plan which outlined the approach on how we will engage with the community to develop options for dog on-leash and off-leash rules in these areas.
As part of our engagement plan, the Dogs on Beaches Community Working Group was formed. Through three workshops with an independent facilitator, the working group has considered the variety of different perspectives and needs of everyone in our community and developed some options for leashing laws in these areas.
We are now seeking your feedback on the options that the group has proposed for:
- Grassed foreshore reserves
- North Haven beach
- Semaphore South to North Haven breakwater beach
You can explore the options for each areas by following the links below.
You can share your feedback on the proposed options by:
- Completing the online survey (follow the link below)
- Requesting a hardcopy survey be sent to you (email@example.com)
- Coming along to one of our community engagement pop-ups (dates and times below)
Engagement closes on Sunday 29 October 2023.