What is the Student's Ideas Pitch?
Did you know? We have more than 21 primary schools across the City of PAE and more than 10,000 residents aged 5 to 11 years!
With so many young people living and learning in our community, it's really important to us to provide opportunities to learn about their ideas for our community.
That's why we're running the Student Ideas Pitch! With primary school classes in years 4-6 visiting the PAE Civic Centre to meet the Mayor, find out more about what we do and takeover the Council Chambers!
How does it work?
The Student Idea Pitch is an opportunity for PAE primary school students to work with our Community Engagement team to put themselves in the position of a PAE Elected Member and pitch project ideas that they believe would improve the local community.
What happens to the ideas?
We've been sharing these ideas with City
of PAE Staff to take a closer look at the viability of each idea and the
possibility of adding them into our work and future plans. You
can view the staff feedback and suggested next steps below.
Out of the 33 ideas we've received so far
- 11 are new ideas that will be investigated for future project planning (see them and vote for your favourites below, and
- 18 ideas are part of projects and services already being delivered (see these further down the page)
- 1 idea from Blair Athol Primary North B-6 School, has already shaped the plans and activities for the community opening of the upgraded Dover Street Reserve held on the 19 December!
We'd love to find out...which are your favourite ideas?
How can I vote?
Voting for your favourite ideas is as easy as 1...2...3!
- Take a look at the ideas listed below, click the 'read more' link on each to find out more about each
- Vote for your one or two favourite ideas
- Click the submit button at the bottom to make sure your vote counts.
Thank you to all the students, teachers and their volunteers for participating in the Student Ideas Pitch!