Your contributions to the draft Semaphore Foreshore Master Plan have been heard. Your feedback will inform further design development for the project.
With your feedback in 2021 (take a look back at what we heard) we created a draft Master Plan to revitalise Semaphore Foreshore and create a welcoming, iconic destination for now and long into the future.
The draft Master Plan focuses on Stage 1, the Central Plaza, which will be the first area upgraded. Work along the rest of the Foreshore, north and south of this, is subject to future design and funding.
Throughout June and July 2022, we travelled around our community to share with you the draft Master Plan and seek your feedback to ensure we're on the right track.
Find out more about what we heard and the next steps for the project below.
How we engaged
What we heard
As a result of the feedback received, both online and from the Stakeholder Workshops and onsite meetings, the design outcomes for the Centra Plaza will be reviewed, re-considered and updated to address the key themes and areas of concern.
Key components of the Central Plaza Design to be re-considered and reviewed include:
- Relocation of Carousel (subject to detailed investigations with specialists)
- Key event requirements and locations
- Location of the Youth Hub and key uses of this space
- Relocation of monuments, site options and access to them
- The amount of grass to be optimised
- The amount of hard paving to be minimised
- Size of trees and shading options
- Condition and location of existing structures
Further site investigations will be undertaken to inform the design and will include, (but not limited to):
- Detailed investigations into the practicality of moving the Carousel
- Structural engineer to assess train tracks and existing structures
- Water play and pump systems
- Electrical, power and water supply considerations
- Geotech information
- Traffic considerations.